Thursday, July 22, 2010

Fashion Ave Fashion







Working on Fashion Avenue in one of the Fashion Capitols of the world one would expect that the people working there would look like they are walking straight off the runway. When I was packing for New York I was a little apprehensive that the clothes I had would not be high fashion enough for New York City. When I got here I was pleasantly surprised that the women working here were dressed more causally dressed than I had anticipated. Since working in the fashion district a few of the trends I have noticed among the women are lots of sheath dresses in muted colors paired embellished sandals, shorts with printed blousy tunics, solid colored short sleeved dresses with chunky necklaces, and my personal favorite printed/striped short dresses with a fitted black blazer with femininely cuffed three quarter sleeves. These outfits are all very stylish and yet comfortable enough to wear all day at work. The most common working girl bag I have seen is definitely the Long Champ Le Pliage bag, it comes in a wide variety of sized and colors and goes well with most outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment